Monday, August 6, 2012

always evolving, ever changing

I've been gone for a few months, I know, but I'm back again and ready to continue sharing my love of vintage, my crazy outfits and my love of fashion with you!
As I mentioned awhile back, my vintage store suffered an electrical fire in December.  It was always my intention to reopen but unfortunately due to the length of time both the insurance settlement and the reconstruction took we had to keep our doors shut for good.  It was a heartbreaking conclusion to realize, but I'm a firm believer in "everything happens for a reason" - and apparently God had other plans for me.  So, I cried for a few days (no joke) and then I picked myself up and began to seek out a new adventure for this next chapter in life.  And wouldn't you know it....it lead me to managing the amazing shoe store, Bakers!  I am truly blessed to have found a new home with such a wonderful company and to have come into a store with such an awesome staff.  And, I won't lie, the discount and plethera of beautiful shoes doesn't hurt either.
Not only was I faced with many new challenges in my career and everyday work life, but I also came head to head with a fashion challenge - how to combine my crazy vintage personal style with that of the "Bakers Girl".  Its an always evolving, ever changing, transformation - but I'm loving it and having fun with it!
All that said, this is today's outfit.  I do have a bunch of pictures stored up from over the past few months that I will start putting up, but I wanted to start with today's look for my first day back in the blogging world.
Wearing vintage skirt from tag*, thrifted shirt, Walmart hat, favorite gold watch, Bakers earrings and shoes...and how amazing are those shoes?!
Total cost of outfit: about $55
Happy Monday, Everyone! 
Its good to be back!
xoxo - Laney Mae
P.S. I also finally got with the program and joined Instagram so be sure to follow me at laneymae82


No comments:

Post a Comment